Your security is important to us.
How We Protect You
- We protect the confidentiality of your data by encrypting sensitive information with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This helps ensure that sensitive information can only be viewed by you and OpenSky®.
- We use firewall systems and intrusion detection software to protect our systems.
- We build information security right into our systems and networks using internationally recognized security standards, regulations, and industry-based best practices.
- We work with a third party vendor that provides strong authentication controls following guidance provided to all financial institutions by the Federal Government's banking regulators
- At OpenSky® our employees are required to take information security awareness training and to apply this training to their job every day
- Your log in credentials, your user ID and password, are your unique keys to accessing and managing your OpenSky® account. Do not write them down or share them with anyone.
- Keep your credentials safe – whether they are for your financial accounts or other websites. Never share your user name, password, or security questions with anyone, and beware of suspicious e-mails or unsolicited phone calls asking for this information.
- Be aware that no one is watching you enter your credentials, and always ‘log out’ or ‘sign out’ of any websites, as well as remember to close the browser when leaving a computer.
- Take care and install and regularly update anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Perform frequent scans of your computer. Protect your computer with a firewall.
- Be aware and learn how to protect yourself from malicious email and malware infections.
Important Contact Information
- For a lost or stolen credit card, please call our Customer Service number located on our Contact Us page.
- To report suspicious or fraudulent activity, please call the number printed on the back of your card.
- To reset your password, please call the number printed on the back of your card.